Do you prefer a savory start to the day? These flavorful vegan breakfast bowls are healthy, endlessly customizable, and oh-so-satisfying.
Say goodbye to those blood sugar spikes after a sugary breakfast! This nutritious vegan breakfast bowl is filled with healthy veggies, protein-packed tofu, and a ton of flavor to ensure you’ll stay full for hours on end.
free 7-day vegan meal plan
Your next week of eating is planned out with these quick and delicious vegan bowls, meal prepping steps & full grocery list.
This recipe is great for “cleaning out your fridge” and adjusting to your dietary or culinary preferences.
Make the perfect savory vegan breakfast bowl by packing lots of colors, textures, and flavors into each bite!
- Hearty and filling
- Easily customizable
- Bursting with texture & flavor
- Incredibly nutritious
- Lower-carb breakfast
No matter your dietary or taste preferences, you can adjust this recipe to your liking! We’ve included plenty of food swap ideas further down in this article.
Here’s what is needed to make these savory vegan breakfast bowls!
Ingredients & notes
- Roasted potatoes — hearty, crispy on the outside and tender on the inside.
- Scrambled tofu — our entirely vegan eggy protein-packed component!
- Arugula & spinach — fresh greens are a must in any vegan bowl.
- Fresh salsa — brings all of the components together wonderfully.
- Avocado — delicious, creamy, and nutrient-packed!
- Bread — freshly toasted, if possible, to make this breakfast bowl really hearty.
In terms of kitchen equipment, you’ll need a baking sheet, pan, cutting board, knife, measuring equipment, and serving bowls.
How to make this vegan breakfast bowl
Roast the potatoes
Wash white potatoes, then boil them until almost fork-tender.
Drain the potatoes and cut them into 1” cubes. Season to your liking and arrange them in a single layer on a baking sheet.
Bake for 20 minutes until golden brown.
Make the scramble
In the meantime, sauté onion and mushrooms in a splash of olive oil or water. Add silken tofu and break it down into small-ish pieces with a spatula.
Add garlic powder, salt, pepper, kala namak, turmeric, smoked paprika, and nutritional yeast. Stir until well combined without overworking the delicate tofu!
Cook until a light golden brown “skin” forms, then set aside.
Assemble the breakfast bowl
Wash the arugula and baby spinach and divide them between serving bowls. Top with roasted potatoes, scrambled tofu, fresh salsa, avocado, and a slice of toasted bread.
This vegan breakfast bowl is best enjoyed fresh when the roasted potatoes are still crispy and the raw ingredients are chilled.
We love making this savory breakfast by using leftover sides and mains from the fridge and simply reheating them in a pan or toast oven! Find our favorite add-ins and swaps below.
FAQs & tips
- Potatoes: use sweet potato fries, hash browns, croquettes, pumpkin, rice, quinoa, buckwheat, or other grains
- Tofu scramble: tofu feta, other vegan scrambles, marinated tempeh, chickpeas, seitan, lentils, or black beans
- Salsa: canned salsa, mango salsa, ketchup, BBQ sauce, bean pesto, hummus, or beetroot dip.
- Avocado: nut or seed butter, almonds, walnuts, pecans, sunflower seeds, hemp seeds, vegan cheese, or guacamole.
- Bread: omit or use your favorite crackers or tortilla chips
- Leafy greens: use your favorite raw or sautéed greens like collard leaves or kale!
- Fermented foods like sauerkraut or kimchi
- Sliced bell pepper
- Mango chutney
- Garlic yogurt sauce
- Coconut bacon
- Cashew sour cream
- Roasted veggies
- Fresh herbs
- Vegan sausage
- TVP crumbles
- Veggie chips
These breakfast bowls are great for meal prep or using up leftovers because they are really customizable!
Prepare the scrambled tofu in larger quantities to make these bowls in the morning, use pre-cooked grains or pre-roasted vegetables, and assemble on some fresh leafy greens in the morning.
Be sure to store the salsa or any sauce separately!
More breakfast recipes
Did you make this recipe and enjoy it? Be sure to leave a review and comment below. You can also Pin this recipe here!
- Make the roasted potatoes by following our recipe linked above.
- While they are in the oven, continue by making scrambled tofu (recipe linked above).
- Wash the arugula and baby spinach and divide them between 2-3 serving bowls.
- Once all components are done, place roasted potatoes, scrambled tofu, fresh salsa, and a slice of toasted bread on your bed of greens.
- Top with avocado and drizzle with your favorite sauce if wanted! Enjoy.
- Find our favorite sauces in the article above.
- Add some beans or more veggies to your breakfast bowl!
- You can also make your vegan scramble using Just Egg.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 3 Serving Size: ⅓ recipe
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 446Total Fat: 18gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 99mgCarbohydrates: 56gFiber: 12gSugar: 7gProtein: 22g
Nutrition information is a rough estimate calculated automatically, their accuracy is not guaranteed. Just focus on whole plant-based foods and eat until satiety!