This delicious vegan guacamole recipe is so easy to make in only 5 minutes and really crowd-pleasing! You need to make this creamy, flavorful and healthy dip.
Who could say no to classic guacamole with onion, lime, cilantro and a good pinch of salt? It pairs wonderfully with tomato salsa or mango salsa, tortilla chips and many Mexican dishes and couldn’t be easier to make.
Most guacamole recipes or store-bought versions are already plant-based, but nothing beats a fresh, homemade vegan guacamole!
free 7-day vegan meal plan
Your next week of eating is planned out with these quick and delicious vegan bowls, meal prepping steps & full grocery list.
Avocados offer a good amount of healthy fats, vitamin E, vitamin B and potassium and are so delicious.
Making guacamole out of ripe avocados is a great way to reduce food waste and it improves any vegan bowl!
- Really easy to make in 5 minutes
- Creamy, citrusy, salty & fresh
- Easily customizable
- So delicious & moreish
- Versatile and healthy
Everyone loves our go-to vegan guacamole recipe and it’s usually one of the first dips to be gone at any party.
- Avocado — make sure your avocado is pretty ripe and creamy!
- Onion — offering wonderful texture and flavor.
- Jalapeño — we love this spicy Mexican add-in!
- Lime juice — added tanginess and freshness.
- Salt — essential to balance out the flavors.
- Pepper — use black pepper or cayenne for a spicer version.
- Coriander — we love adding a small handful of fresh leaves to our guac.
Find the exact amounts in the recipe card below! In terms of kitchen equipment, you just need a medium-sized bowl, knife, cutting board and measuring tools.
How to make vegan guacamole
- Cut ripe avocados lengthwise and remove their pits.
- Place their flesh into a medium-sized bowl and mash with a fork.
- Finely chop onion, jalapeño and coriander.
- Add on top of your mashed avocado.
- Season with salt, pepper and lime juice.
- Mix well with a spoon and adjust to taste preferences.
We love our vegan guacamole with these exact ingredients, but we’ll share some customization ideas with you below!
Unfortunately, avocado doesn’t have a long shelf life — the same is true for homemade guacamole.
The key to proper storage is to ensure that it is exposed to as little air as possible! You can do this by placing any leftover guacamole in a sealable container and adding a layer of parchment paper on its surface.
Press down so that it’s flat without any air trapped between the parchment paper and guacamole! Then cover with a lid and store in the fridge for up to 2 days.
How to serve vegan guacamole
Add-ins & flavors
Try these delicious variations for your vegan guacamole!
- Spring onion
- Olive oil
- Chipotle peppers
- Mango or peach
- Bell pepper
- Black beans
- Chili powder or hot sauce
More vegan dips
If you liked this vegan guacamole recipe, be sure to try these flavorful dips next!
Have you tried our vegan guacamole? Share with us in the comments below, rate our recipe and Pin it for later!
- 2 ripe avocados
- ½ medium onion (¼ cup), finely chopped
- 1 small jalapeño (canned), finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- ¼ cup fresh coriander (7 g), finely chopped
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Cut the avocados in half lengthwise and remove the pits. Scoop up their flesh and add it to a medium-sized bowl.
- Using a fork or masher, mash the avocados but keep them a bit chunky.
- Add chopped onion, jalapeño, lime juice, coriander, salt and pepper. Mix with a spoon until well-combined.
- Adjust to taste preferences, then serve immediately!
- Be aware that storing this guacamole over a more extended period of time in the fridge can cause it to lose some color.
- Feel free to add any of the optional flavorings to our basic vegan guacamole recipe!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: ¼ recipe
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 161Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 7mgCarbohydrates: 9gFiber: 7gSugar: 1gProtein: 2g
Nutrition information is a rough estimate calculated automatically, their accuracy is not guaranteed. Just focus on whole plant-based foods and eat until satiety!