These gluten-free tortilla chips are just the perfect combination of delicious and healthy! We’ve been making them for years with all kinds of different dips and everyone’s been devouring them so far.
Mexican food is definitely amongst the most delicious cuisines and not a week goes by for us without enjoying bean chili, tacos, roasted black beans or bean burritos.
free weight loss email series
Getting lean while feeling full? Yes, that’s possible! Find out about easy food swaps, calorie density and 3 full days of eating for sustainable weight loss.
This healthified snack won’t disappoint, either! And there’s no need to stop after just one handful of these crispy treats. Especially with some Mexican 7-layer dip where you can use these ultimate dippers as a vehicle to get more healthy food into your family’s bellies!
Even though they are oil-free tortilla chips, which you rarely see, they don’t compromise on saltiness or flavor.
Why you’ll love them
- Oven-baked & fat-free
- Perfectly crispy and delicious
- Naturally gluten-free & low-calorie
- Great for parties or game day
- Ready in 15 minutes
- Easily customizable with lots of spices
- Satisfy any salty, savory cravings
- Dunkable & ready to be loaded
Our oil-free tortilla chips are comparably low in calories and weight loss-friendly yet totally family-approved.
- Corn tortillas — this is how to make them gluten-free! You can also use wheat-based ones.
- Salt — adjust to taste preferences.
- Lime juice — to help the salt stick plus we love the flavor!
Sounds super simple, right? We’ll share some flavoring ideas with you below. In terms of kitchen equipment, you’ll need a baking sheet, sharp knife and cutting board.
How to make oil-free tortilla chips
Before you start, preheat your oven to 400 °F (200 °C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Get a pack of corn tortillas, a sharp knife and a cutting board. Stack about 4 tortillas on top of each other and slice them into 6 triangles by halving them first, then cutting each half into three equal-sized pieces.
Repeat until you have created enough gluten-free tortilla chips!
Now, get a parchment paper-lined baking sheet (or several, depending on how much you’re going to make) and place the sliced tortilla chips next to each other in a single layer.
Top your corn chips with lime or lemon juice, then sprinkle with a good pinch of salt.
Bake & enjoy
Place the tortilla chips in your preheated oven for about 10 minutes. Stay close by and watch them, so the chips don’t burn!
Check after 5-7 minutes to see whether your oven bakes them evenly or if you need to flip your oil-free tortilla chips halfway through to get the best results.
Once slightly brown and crispy, remove them and let your baked tortilla chips cool before serving with dips of your choice!
Serving & storage
These fat-free tortilla chips taste best within 1-2 hours of baking them. Once they are completely cool, you can transfer any leftover oil-free tortilla chips into an airtight container and store them at room temperature for a couple of days.
They make for a delicious and crunchy add-on to any lunch box when served with a sandwich! Be aware that they can get a bit stale over time, though.
You can use them to top your bowls, salads or soups or serve them with any of the following dips.
Vegan dips for tortilla chips
- Tofu ranch
- Buffalo sauce
- Fresh tomato salsa
- Mango salsa
- Garlic yogurt sauce
- Vegan artichoke dip
- Avocado aioli
- Vegan ketchup
- Cashew sour cream
- Vegan cheese sauce
FAQs & tips
This 3-ingredient recipe for oil-free baked tortilla chips is deliberately kept simple so you can get creative and add your favorite spices to create different variations!
Some flavorings we’ve tried and enjoyed are paprika, chili, cayenne, cumin, curry, garlic powder, black pepper, chipotle powder, Italian herbs and soy sauce.
But just by following our simple 3-ingredient recipe for oil-free tortilla chips, you can already create some salty and zesty tortilla chips!
Are tortilla chips healthy?
While most corn chips are fully vegan, about a third of their calories come from oil — making them a less-than-ideal snack choice.
Store-bought or restaurant-style tortilla chips are often also loaded with so much salt that a few of them already get you over your daily limit or make your lips hurt!
That’s why we recommend making these healthy oil-free tortilla chips at home within minutes.
More oil-free snacks
If you’re into easy oil-free and gluten-free vegan recipes that are super nutritious and crowd-pleasers, don’t miss out on the following goodness!
- Oil-Free Sweet Potato Fries
- Crispy Roasted Chickpeas
- Oil-Free Date Granola
- Cheesy Roasted Broad Beans
- Baked Veggie Chips
Have you tried our baked oil-free tortilla chips and liked them? Share with us in the comments below and don’t forget to rate this recipe. You can also Pin the recipe here!
Baked Oil-Free Tortilla Chips (Crispy & Healthy)
These low-calorie oil-free tortilla chips are ridiculously easy to make within just 15 minutes and can be spiced up to your liking. Deliciously salty, savory and crunchy, they are naturally gluten-free and a healthy snack idea ready to be loaded with all the different dips from salsa to ranch or guacamole!
- 4 corn tortillas
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 tsp fresh lime juice
- Preheat your oven to 400 °F (200 °C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut the corn tortillas into half, then each half into 3 equal-sized pieces using a sharp knife or pizza cutter.
- Arrange the tortilla chips on your parchment paper in a single layer, then drizzle them with fresh lime juice and sprinkle with salt.
- Place the baking sheet into the oven and bake for around 10 minutes until they are golden and crunchy! Depending on your oven, you might need to bake them a little longer and flip your tortilla chips halfway through to allow for an evenly baked result.
- Remove from the oven and let the oil-free chips cool before serving them with your dips of choice (see article for ideas).
- If you want to make tortilla strips, just cut your corn tortillas into long thin pieces instead.
- Feel free to use more lime or lemon juice as well as salt for a stronger flavor.
- Other ideas for spicing up your oil-free tortilla chips include smoked paprika, chili powder, curry, black pepper and garlic powder.
- Find our favorite dips for these oil-free tortilla chips in the article as well as storage tips!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: ½ recipe
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 106Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 312mgCarbohydrates: 22gFiber: 3gSugar: 1gProtein: 3g
Nutrition information is a rough estimate calculated automatically, their accuracy is not guaranteed. Just focus on whole plant-based foods and eat until satiety!
If you’re into salty, savory snacks but aren’t keen on their fat content, make our 3-ingredient oven-baked oil-free tortilla chips. Perfectly crispy and endlessly customizable, they are ready within 15 minutes and satisfy any craving!