Drown your salads and wraps in this delicious vegan garlic yogurt sauce with tahini and herbs! It’s everything you want a good dressing to be.
Treat your taste buds to a true flavor explosion with this 5-minute vegan garlic yogurt sauce! It’s creamy, nutritious and made from simple ingredients.
Creamy tahini, savory garlic and herbs, zingy and fresh vegan yogurt as well as a spritz of lemon juice join forces to create the ultimate delicious vegan dressing!
free 7-day vegan meal plan
Your next week of eating is planned out with these quick and delicious vegan bowls, meal prepping steps & full grocery list.
It works for anything from Mediterranean pasta salad to vegan falafel or Buddha bowls and is so more-ish.
This whole food plant-based yogurt sauce is really healthy — plus, it makes healthy food like veggies taste fantastic!
If you like this spicy sauce, be sure to try our herbed tofu ranch, cashew sour cream and vegan honey mustard dressing next.
Why you’ll love it
- Creamy, garlicky and herby
- Perfect for dipping and drizzling
- Versatile & nutritious
- Savory, bold & undetectably vegan
- Only a handful of staple ingredients needed
- Upgrades any wrap, bowl or salad
Especially if you love Greek, Turkish or Mediterranean food, this yogurt dressing will be your new favorite sauce for anything and everything!
It’s a flavor explosion for your taste buds and fully whole food plant-based, making it delicious and healthy at the same time.
- Soy yogurt — our favorite dairy-free yogurt substitute! For a thick, Greek yogurt-style consistency, you can remove any excess liquid by letting your vegan yogurt sit in a cheesecloth-lined strainer in the fridge for 1-2 hours.
- Tahini — this adds a creamy, rich and Mediterranean touch to our garlic yogurt sauce! Try to use runny tahini for the best result.
- Garlic — we love using fresh, but you can swap it for garlic powder and work your way up to your preferred level of garlicky yogurt sauce.
- Lemon juice — every good dressing needs an acidic component! We spiced it up even further with some apple cider vinegar.
- Fresh parsley — adds some nice Mediterranean flavor plus a bunch of nutrients!
Find the exact amounts and replacement ideas further down in this article. In terms of kitchen tools, a large bowl and whisk are all you need to make this recipe!
How to make vegan garlic yogurt sauce
- Prepare your ingredients by measuring and washing or mincing.
- Add everything to a large bowl and whisk until you’ve created a smooth and creamy garlic yogur sauce. Use a hand whisk for best results!
- Adjust to taste preferences by adding more garlic, lemon juice, tahini, salt or pepper.
That’s easier than running to the store to buy pre-made vegan dressing, right?
Storage & serving
This vegan garlic yogurt sauce can be served immediately or stored in an airtight container for up to a week in the fridge, making it perfect for meal prep. It’ll taste even more garlicky the next day!
Be sure to use an airtight container so that your fridge doesn’t start to smell like garlic.
Our serving suggestions include drizzling this sauce over fresh salads or vegan bowls and using it for sandwiches or wraps.
It can also be used as a dip for homemade tortilla chips, vegetable chips, or veggie croquettes and served on an appetizer platter.
Tips & substitutes
We usually go for store-bought plain soy yogurt (it’s really important to choose unflavored and unsweetened yogurt for this dressing!), but you can replace it with almond, coconut or cashew yogurt.
Instead of the fresh parsley, you can add other herbs like dill, chives, basil, tarragon, mint or go for dried herbs and mixes, such as Italian seasoning or Herbs de Provence.
Other delicious add-ins include balsamic vinegar, nutritional yeast, mustard and spices like cumin and coriander for a Middle Eastern touch.
You can also upgrade our yogurt dressing and turn it into vegan Tzatziki by adding some shredded cucumber!
This sauce might separate after a few days in the fridge. If this happens, just give it a quick stir before serving!
You can omit the tahini to make the dressing lower ini fat or add a splash of olive oil to make the sauce even richer!
More vegan condiments
Make your veggies taste fantastic with our whole food plant-based condiments! Try these oil-free vegan sauces next or take a look at our list of different oil-free vegan dressings.
- Roasted Beetroot Dip
- Low-Fat Cheese Sauce
- Easy Cashew Mayo
- Healthy Peanut Sauce
- Sugar-Free Mango Chutney
Did you make our vegan yogurt dressing and like it? Share with us in the comments below, leave a rating and Pin the recipe here!
Creamy Vegan Garlic Yogurt Sauce
- ⅔ cup soy yogurt, unsweetened (150 g)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons tahini
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp parsley, chopped
- Add all ingredients to a large bowl and whisk until you get a smooth, creamy yogurt dressing.
- Serve immediately over salad, bowls or in a wrap and store any leftovers in a glass container in the fridge for up to a week.
- Use any fresh herbs for this delicious yogurt dressing! Instead of parsley, you can add dill, thyme, chives, mint and dried herb mixes.
- You can omit the tahini if you don’t like it or are looking for a lower calorie and fat dressing.
- Any plant-based yogurt works for this recipe as long as it’s unsweetened.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: ¼ cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 54Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 239mgCarbohydrates: 8gFiber: 1gSugar: 5gProtein: 1g
Nutrition information is a rough estimate calculated automatically, their accuracy is not guaranteed. Just focus on whole plant-based foods and eat until satiety!
7 thoughts on “Creamy Vegan Garlic Yogurt Sauce”
Can I add chickpeas. Thank you.
do you mean to a salad along with this yogurt dressing or blended into the yogurt itself? haven’t tried the latter but would definitely approve of the first :)
I was looking for a vegan tahini yogurt dressing! I actually did not have a yogurt so I substituted some cashew cream cheese and unsweetened milk, it came out perfect!
Could I use Vegan sour cream instead of yogurt? If so, do I need to add anything else bc I’m not using yogurt?
Hi Mary, great question! I haven’t tried this before but I assume this swap will be really delicious. Perhaps thin out the dressing if necessary, depending on the sour cream you’re using. Let us know how it turns out!
I was wondering if you have any substitute to the tahini in this recipe ? or can I just omit it ?
you can omit tahini or use sunflower seed butter if wanted :)