This delicious vegan honey mustard dressing is better than the original and so easy to make! Sweet, tangy and creamy, it takes any leafy greens to the next level and is ready in only 2-3 minutes.
You simply need to try this quick and creamy vegan honey mustard dressing! It requires only a handful of simple ingredients and is perfect for meal prep.
With this recipe, you never need to buy a pre-made dressing at the store!
free 7-day vegan meal plan
Your next week of eating is planned out with these quick and delicious vegan bowls, meal prepping steps & full grocery list.
Our vegan honey mustard recipe is completely whole food plant-based and uses a spritz of maple syrup instead of honey — a swap that’s necessary to make this recipe vegan.
- Incredibly creamy & flavorful
- Whole food plant-based & oil-free
- Secretly vegan & low in sugar
- Works as a dressing, dip or spread
- Quick beginner recipe
- Delicious & meal prep-friendly
We honestly make a batch of this almost every week because this honey mustard combination tastes awesome in all types of vegan bowls or salads.30+ Oil-Free Vegan Dressings →
How to make vegan honey mustard dressing
- Add all ingredients to a small bowl and whisk until homogenous. Alternatively, you can put them into a jar, close the lid and shake well!
- Adjust to taste preferences and serve immediately or store in the fridge for up to a week.
This dressing couldn’t be easier to make! Feel free to adjust the components to your liking, making it more mustard-y or sweeter etc.
2-ingredient recipe tip
You can make this vegan honey mustard dressing with as little as two ingredients if you like!
The basics are mustard, maple syrup — but it really pays off when you use a few more delicious add-ins.
You can also serve it with baked potatoes and as a dip for sweet potato fries or cauliflower bites! We’ve also drizzled this vegan honey mustard sauce in these buffalo tacos as a replacement for the salsa.
Storage & adjustments
This vegan honey mustard dressing keeps well in the fridge for up to a week (perhaps more, it was always gone by that time in our family) and is best stored in an airtight container.
If you want to create a more mustard-forward dressing, you can omit the vegan yogurt — this will also thin it out more!
Feel free to add a pinch of salt to intensify the flavors if needed. This will depend on the kind of mustard you use, too.
For a heavier and creamier vegan honey mustard dressing, replace the plant-based yogurt with some vegan mayo!
Sometimes we add some balsamic vinegar to the basic recipe and to create an easy vinaigrette that way.
More easy vegan condiments
If you liked this easy and delicious recipe, be sure to try these next!
Did you make our our vegan honey mustard dressing and like it? Leave a comment and rating and be sure to Pin it here!
- 4 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 6 tbsp vegan yogurt
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 6 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Pinch of salt (optional)
- Add the dressing ingredients into a jar with a lid and shake well or use a whisk to create a homogenous texture.
- Taste and adjust to your preference by adding more of any of the components.
- Serve immediately over some salad, in a wrap or sandwich. Store any leftovers in an airtight container for up to a week.
- Make it taste more mustard-y by decreasing the amount of vegan yogurt or omitting this ingredient entirely.
- For a creamier version, you can replace the vegan yogurt with vegan mayo!
- You can replace the lemon juice with some vinegar for a stronger taste.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 55Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 1mgSodium: 260mgCarbohydrates: 11gFiber: 1gSugar: 8gProtein: 2g
Nutrition information is a rough estimate calculated automatically, their accuracy is not guaranteed. Just focus on whole plant-based foods and eat until satiety!