This easy sugar-free granola is so crunchy, meal prep-friendly, and moreish! Ready in 30 minutes and easily customizable, it’s made with affordable staple foods, oil-free, and fully vegan. Perfect for quick breakfasts or snacks!
Breakfast is our favorite meal of the day! Getting out of bed is a lot easier when we know that a jar of flavorful, crunchy vegan granola (along with an almond latte!) is waiting for us in the kitchen.
free 7-day vegan meal plan
Your next week of eating is planned out with these quick and delicious vegan bowls, meal prepping steps & full grocery list.
These crispy golden clusters of healthy oats and nuts, sweetened with dates and perfectly spiced with cinnamon, combine everything we love about plant-based foods.
Plus, our granola is oil-free, vegan, and can be customized to use up anything you have in your kitchen!
Why you’ll love it
Our sugar-free granola showcases that healthy eating isn’t hard – it can actually be really tasty and delicious if you’re ready to invest a little bit of time.
- Oats – obviously the most important part of any granola; in our opinion, plain rolled oats, together with some oat flour, create the best texture!
- Dates – this date granola is sweet enough just using the whole fruit – no sugar needed.
- Nuts & Seeds – for some wholesome, crunchy goodness; we picked walnuts, chia, and pumpkin seeds!
- Cinnamon – for that extra coziness.
To make this vegan date granola more unique and look even prettier, we chose some goji berries for an extra add-in.
All you need to make granola are two bowls, a blender, a lined baking sheet, a spatula, a spoon, and measuring equipment.
How to make sugar-free vegan granola
- Soak dates in just enough warm water to cover them for 15 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 325° F (160° C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. You can also use a silicone mat.
- Add the soaked dates together with the soaking water into a blender and create a somewhat smooth sweet liquid.
- In a large bowl, combine all dry ingredients for the granola: oats, nuts, seeds, dried fruit, and spices.
- Add the blended date liquid and mix well with a spoon until everything’s moist and crumbly.
- Spread the mixture into an even layer on your lined baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes. Stir with a spatula and bake for 5 more minutes until evenly browned and crispy.
- Remove from the oven and let cool before eating. Enjoy!
Serving & storage
This sugar-free granola is really versatile and can be enjoyed on its own as a snack, in a bowl with dairy-free milk and fresh fruit for breakfast, or as a topping for your smoothie bowl.
Once completely cool, you can store this granola in a glass jar for up to a month — however, we always eat it within a week.
Tips & FAQs
- Steel-cut oats
- Nut butter
- Coconut shreds
- Chocolate Chips
- Pecans, almonds, or hazelnuts
- Chopped apple or pear
- Gingerbread spice
- Cocoa powder, vanilla, or cloves
More breakfast ideas
Have you tried our vegan granola recipe, and which add-ins did you use? Feel free to comment below and rate our recipe! You can also Pin the recipe for later or tag us on Instagram if you made it – we’d love to see your creations!
- 3 dry pitted dates, soaked
- 1 cup rolled oats (90 g)
- 2 tablespoons oat flour*
- 3 dry pitted dates, chopped
- ½ cup walnuts (50 g)
- ½ cup goji berries (70 g)
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin seeds
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Start by soaking 3 pitted dates in just enough warm water to cover them. Let them soak for 15 minutes, then place the dates together with the soaking water into a blender. Blend on high until you have a somewhat smooth liquid.
- Preheat the oven to 325° F (160° C) and line a baking sheet with some parchment paper. You can also use a silicone mat.
- Combine the rest of the ingredients for the granola in a bowl. Then pour the sweet date water over it and mix well with a spoon until everything’s moist and crumbly.
- Transfer your granola mixture to your lined baking sheet and arrange in an even layer using a spatula.
- Place in the oven (using a rack in the middle or at the bottom) and bake for around 15 minutes. Then stir with a spatula and bake for another 5 minutes or so until browned evenly. Make sure not to burn any smaller pieces!
- Remove from the oven and let cool (at least slightly) before eating. Serve with your favorite plant-based milk and fresh fruit or enjoy it in whatever way you prefer!
- Any leftovers can be stored at room temperature or in the fridge for around 2-4 weeks.
- *just pulverize some rolled oats in your blender to create oat flour
- Depending on your oven, you might need to bake your vegan granola a little bit longer or shorter! Make sure to watch it so it doesn’t burn, and don’t use the top rack.
- This oil-free granola is perfect for meal prep and batch cooking; it may last up to a month stored in a glass jar (we almost always eat it within a week, though – too yummy.)
- Feel free to get creative and use delicious add-ins such as coconut shreds, almonds, cranberries, raisins, pecans, cashews, or chopped apples.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 245Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 170mgCarbohydrates: 33gFiber: 6gSugar: 11gProtein: 7g
Nutrition information is a rough estimate calculated automatically, their accuracy is not guaranteed. Just focus on whole plant-based foods and eat until satiety!