If you’re getting bored of eating the same quick breakfast over and over but can’t be bothered to spend a lot of time in the kitchen each morning, listen up! Our simple vegan parfait with juicy mango, creamy almond yogurt and crunchy granola looks super pretty and is ready to eat in minutes.
Crunchy complex carbs, sugar-free vegan yogurt plus healthy colorful fruit are featured in this refreshing and wonderfully textured vegan breakfast parfait.
This pretty treat turned vegan and healthy is sure to impress your family or any guest when you serve it!
Usually high in sugar, fat and animal products, our vegan mango parfait is bursting with antioxidants, fiber and beneficial probiotics to strengthen digestion and immune system.
Contrary to many traditional parfaits, our simple recipe won’t spike your blood sugar too much, and instead, help control it while offering steady energy.
This vegan parfait is seriously a game-changer in the morning if you’re looking for an easy and fun way to start your day on a healthy note! You can even make it together with your kids — they love this colorful treat.
Instead of loading it with heavy whipped cream and added sugars, why not use our gorgeous vegan yogurt and mango parfait as a vehicle for nutritious food? Goodbye, boring snacks and hello easy, delicious parfait.
What Is a Parfait Made Of?
Parfaits are layers of deliciousness, most often served in glass jars. They are made up of yogurt or cream (in our case, dairy-free yogurt), fruit, nuts and some type of starch.
The word means “perfect” — and how could you disagree with that description?
Colorful vegan parfaits can actually be put together within minutes and look really lovely! This means you can enjoy a vegan parfait for a weekday breakfast if you like or serve it during brunch — it’s a beauty that’s sure to impress.
Moreover, a good vegan parfait can also be eaten for dessert or as a snack! You can make it as simple and wholesome or beautiful and rich as you like.
Here’s what we use in our simple mango parfait and how you can adjust the different components!
Basic Parfait Recipe Ingredients
If you’re interested in making a really simple yet nutritious and beautiful vegan parfait, then follow our lead and use what we suggest in our recipe.
But to give you a general overview of the different layers and ingredients you can use to create a delicious vegan parfait, here are the components and customizations you can choose from!
Are Parfaits Healthy?
As you can see above, there are so many healthy foods you can use to create a delicious vegan parfait! Since we always offer delicious and wholesome plant-based recipes on this website, you better be sure this vegan parfait is exceptionally healthy and bursting with nutrients.
But at the same time, you could create a really high-fat and high-sugar dessert parfait using heavy whipping cream, cream cheese, crackers or cookies, added sugar and only a tiny amount of fruit or jam.
This wouldn’t contribute to your health very much (although you can certainly enjoy a richer vegan dessert while following a healthy eating pattern) — so we recommend that you try to include as many of the whole food add-ins as possible while still making this vegan parfait really scrumptious.Vegan Nutrition Guide + Download →
Why We Love Vegan Breakfast Parfaits
If our recipe is too fancy for you to make in the morning, just strip it down to 3 ingredients for your own perfect vegan parfait!
Tropical fruit like mango is definitely not necessary and we encourage you to use what you already have in your kitchen to reduce overall food waste.
How to Make a Vegan Parfait
Gather the ingredients needed for our simple vegan parfait — we’re now going to create this beautiful treat! For some more color and texture, you can quickly make a blueberry-lemon puree in your blender or, if you’re short on time, skip this step and use whole, fresh blueberries instead.
On a hot summer day, frozen berries work wonderfully here, too! Any kind will do.
Now, peel and chop your mango and get your serving glasses for the vegan parfaits — you can already start assembling now.
You can arrange your different layers any way you like, altering between them to create a beautiful color-and-texture experience!
We like to start with some granola at the bottom, then add a good dollop of almond yogurt. Swirl some blueberry puree in and add a few mango cubes, then repeat with the granola again.
The key to any stunning vegan parfait is what you top it with! Our simple recipe below uses some fresh mint leaves and coconut flakes (use roasted if you can) but the sky is the limit.
And you’re done! Enjoy your vegan mango parfait immediately or store in the fridge for a few hours if you want to prepare it in advance. Be aware that if your crunchy granola is right next to some creamy dairy-free yogurt, it will get soaked over time and lose its texture.Best Easy Vegan Breakfast Ideas →
Tips For Vegan Parfaits
Ready to make this pretty vegan breakfast parfait? Here are some more tips you might find helpful.
More Vegan Breakfast Recipes
Are quick and easy vegan breakfast choices your jam? We have many more on the blog, such as the following goodness.
Let’s create some beautiful whole food plant-based breakfast or dessert parfaits! We cannot wait to share how simple this recipe is with you.
Did you make our vegan parfait with mango and granola? Which add-ins did you choose? Share with us in the comments below and rate our recipe. You can also pin the mango parfait here and tag us on Instagram — we’d love to see your creations.
- 1.5 cups almond yogurt (400 g)
- 1 cup sugar-free granola (120 g)
- 1 cup blueberries (150 g)
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 mango, peeled and cut into small cubes
- Fresh mint leaves to garnish
- Coconut flakes
- Sweetener (optional)
- Start by making the easy blueberry layer if you have two more minutes to spare — otherwise, you can just layer the whole blueberries in your vegan parfait.
- To create the smooth berry layer, place the blueberries and lemon juice into the blender and process to obtain a vibrantly colored puree. You can add some sweetener here if it turns out too sour for you.
- Get the rest of your ingredients for the simple vegan parfait because we can already assemble them!
- Begin with a layer of vegan granola, top it with some almond yogurt and drizzle blueberry puree on top. Repeat and garnish with fresh cubed mango, mint leaves and some coconut flakes.
- Serve chilled or store in the fridge for a couple of hours until it’s time for you to enjoy it.
- This vegan parfait is easily customizable and you can make it with soy, oat or coconut yogurt (homemade or store-bought) and use your favorite fruit or go for seasonal produce.
- You can chill this parfait in the fridge before serving, but the granola might lose some of its crunchiness.
- The components of this recipe are all meal prep-friendly, but the assembled parfaits should be consumed within a few hours.
- We recommend you use sweet, ripe mangoes if possible! Since this is a sugar-free vegan parfait, you’ll need the natural sweetness from ripe fruit. Otherwise, swap the mango for ripe peaches or bananas.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 416Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 23mgCarbohydrates: 92gFiber: 4gSugar: 75gProtein: 4g
Nutrition information is a rough estimate calculated automatically, their accuracy is not guaranteed. Just focus on whole plant-based foods and eat until satiety!