Enjoy these colorful vegan toasts in the morning! Only a couple of ingredients are needed to assemble these delicious breakfast ideas to have a hearty meal in the morning or any time of the day.
Nothing beats vegan toasts for a quick and versatile breakfast or lunch! We’ve recently shared over 20 vegan sandwiches and 30 plant-based breakfast ideas for beginners but never talked about our favorite quick and easy ways to start the day.
Vegan toasts can be ready within 2 minutes, enjoyed either sweet or savory and even be made gluten-free and super healthy!
download our free energy balls blueprint
Grab your free PDF and sign up for our newsletter by entering your email below!
Crispy bread loaded with creamy nut butter or protein-packed hummus, topped with colorful fruit or veg and enjoyed alongside a lovely almond milk latte — what a wonderful breakfast classic.
Feel free to enjoy our favorite vegan toast ideas any time of the day and freestyle to your heart’s content using what you have on hand!
How to Make Great Vegan Toasts
Now, we’re not just talking about any old toast ideas here — we want to offer a blueprint for how to make delicious vegan toasts that help you meet your nutritional goals for the day.
First of all, choose whole grain over white bread if you can or use gluten-free varieties if needed. Store-bought is fine, we also have a super simple buckwheat bread recipe on the blog that you can try!
Give your toasts a nutritional boost by adding some plant-based protein like tofu cream cheese, hummus, peanut butter or hemp seeds. We also like sliced smoked tofu as you can see in our healthy vegan grilled cheese sandwich recipe!
Many of these foods are good sources of fat, too. Avocado, almond ricotta and other nut or seed butters also fall in this category!
Add delicious flavor to your vegan toasts by using condiments like tofu ranch, honey mustard, or sugar-free berry chia jam. You can also drizzle your toasts with maple syrup, hot sauce, add cinnamon, cocoa nibs, seeds or fresh herbs.
Don’t forget to use some fruits and veggies for your toast toppings, too! Common choices are lettuce, tomatoes, bell pepper, avocado, sprouts, banana or berries.
Images by Logan Ink
Peanut Butter Toast with Banana & Berries
Move over, peanut butter and jelly — your healthier cousin, peanut butter toast with banana and berries, is just as sweet but more nutritious and, frankly, more fun to make.
Packing a good amount of protein, healthy fats and antioxidants thanks to the blueberries (just use your favorite berries), this one is such a simple vegan toast idea that’s not only tasty but also good for you.
More topping ideas include coconut flakes, pumpkin seeds, dried fruit and hemp seeds!
Hummus & Grilled Veggie Toast
Ah, hummus! The classic vegan toast and sandwich spread. Flavorful and high in protein, it pairs well with lots of toppings and fillings.
From crunchy greens, tomatoes or avocado, there’s almost nothing you cannot pack on a hummus toast!
For this recipe, you need to take some time aside and grill a few veggies if you don’t happen to have any leftover grilled veg from last night! If you plan on making grilled vegetables for dinner, be sure to save some for the following day.
Vegan ALT Toast
Have you heard of the vegan BLT sandwich called ALT? It stands for avocado, lettuce and tomato — a simple, affordable and tasty combination.
You can enjoy this vegan toast as an open-faced sandwich or just add another slice on top and take it with you to lunch!
Use your favorite vegan spread (we like cashew mayo) and top with fresh veggies. Done!
Vegan Tofu Scramble Toasts
Do you have a bit more time on your hand? Make these tofu scramble toasts! Don’t worry, it’s not as complicated as it sounds and resembles scrambled eggs both in taste and color.
Just sauté some chopped veggies, add crumbled tofu and a couple of spices and cook for a few minutes before serving over warm toast.
We like to enjoy our tofu scramble with some ketchup and sliced avocado!Silken Tofu Scramble Recipe →
More Vegan Recipes
If you liked our vegan toasts, be sure to check out this plant-based breakfast goodness next!
- Simple Vegan Granola Parfaits
- Filled Almond Milk Crêpes
- Sugar-Free Apple Crumble
- Vegan Chickpea Omelette
- Healthy Vegan Oat Bars
Did you try any of these vegan toasts? Which is your favorite combo? Share with us in the comments below, rate the recipe and Pin it here.
- 2 slices of your favorite bread
Peanut Butter Banana
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1 banana, sliced
- Dash of cinnamon
- Handful of blueberries
Hummus Grilled Veg
- 2 tbsp hummus
- ½ red bell pepper, sliced
- 4 slices of eggplant (½ inch thick)
- Lettuce or sprouts (optional)
Vegan ALT Toast
- 1 tablespoon vegan mayo
- ½ avocado, sliced
- 2 leaves of lettuce
- 1 medium tomato, sliced
- Sliced onion or smoked tofu (optional)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ cup button mushrooms, chopped (45 g)
- 7 ounces extra-firm tofu (200 g)
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- ½ teaspoon salt (black or iodized)
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 4 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup baby spinach, roughly chopped (30 g)
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 2-3 tablespoons nutritional yeast
Peanut Butter Banana Toast
- Toast the bread, then spread each slice with 1 tbsp of peanut butter.
- Top with sliced banana, blueberries and a dash of cinnamon.
- Enjoy right away!
Hummus Grilled Veg
- Preheat the oven to 450° F (230° C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Arrange your sliced bell pepper and eggplant in a single layer on your prepared baking sheet and roast for about 20 minutes until the veggies have become soft and wrinkled.
- Check after 15 minutes to be sure nothing is burnt and flip any veggie slices as needed.
- Once the grilled vegetables are done, toast your bread, spread with hummus of your choice and top with the veggies.
Vegan ALT Toast
- Toast 2 slices of bread, then spread with vegan mayo. Pile on the lettuce, avocado and tomato slices. Add some smoked tofu or onion if wanted!
- Enjoy warm!
Cheesy Scramble Toast
- Sauté onion, garlic and mushrooms in a splash of water using a non-stick pan. Stir occasionally until the onions have become soft.
- Using your hands, crumble the tofu in the pan and season everything with turmeric, salt and pepper. Give it a good stir, then cook over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Add cherry tomatoes, spinach, mustard and nutritional yeast, stir, then cook for 5 more minutes.
- Adjust to taste preference, then serve warm over toasted bread.
- Use gluten-free bread if needed.
- Any vegan spreads can be used for the ALT and tempeh bacon is a great addition here as well!
- Black salt makes tofu scramble taste like eggs but if you can’t find this item anywhere, just use iodized salt instead.
- Swap peanut butter for sunflower butter if you cannot have nuts.
- Nutrition information has automatically been calculated and is only an average of these recipes.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1 toast
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 211Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 185mgCarbohydrates: 24gFiber: 5gSugar: 4gProtein: 5g
Nutrition information is a rough estimate calculated automatically, their accuracy is not guaranteed. Just focus on whole plant-based foods and eat until satiety!