These garlicky and crispy oil-free roasted potatoes are so easy to make and a crowd-pleasing side dish! Flavor them to your liking and serve them with your favorite sides and mains.
Would you like to add more flavor and texture to your meals but keep them oil-free?
free 7-day vegan meal plan
Your next week of eating is planned out with these quick and delicious vegan bowls, meal prepping steps & full grocery list.
These crispy roasted potatoes are perfect for that. If you’re a potato lover like us, you’ll appreciate this hearty side dish: crispy on the outside, soft and delicate on the inside.
- Crispy without any oil
- Lower in calories
- Really versatile
- Can be flavored to your liking
- Perfect during the holidays
You’ll love this lighter side dish featuring the humble potato! Lots of crispiness without any grease.
All you need to make this recipe is a pot, a baking sheet, and a knife.Oil-free cooking tips →
How to make oil-free roasted potatoes
- Scrub and rinse your potatoes, then place them into a medium-sized pot.
- Cover with water and cook the whole potatoes for 20 minutes until they are almost fork-tender.
- Preheat your oven to 400°F/200°C and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Drain the potatoes and cut them into 1-inch cubes.
- Season them with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Toss to coat the potatoes evenly.
- Arrange them in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes until golden and crispy!
Serve these crispy oil-free roasted potatoes warm with your favorite vegan dips, such as:
Roasted potatoes are also a delicious component of any savory breakfast.
Tips for this recipe
Any leftover roasted potatoes should be re-roasted before serving them again the next day. Do so in a very hot oven for 10 minutes, turning them once halfway through!
Serve any leftover roasted potatoes in a colorful Thanksgiving dinner bowl alongside other goodness from your feast.
Make your potatoes even crispier by coating them with semolina or cornmeal!
More vegan sides
- Lentil Veggie Soup
- Oil-Free Tortilla Chips
- Vegan Chicken Wings
- Healthy Cornbread
- Vegan Grilled Cheese
Did you like the recipe and make it? Let us know in the comments below and leave a rating. You can also Pin this article here or share it on social media!
- 1 lb potatoes, peel on (450 g)
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- ¼ cup fresh parsley (7 g)
- Scrub and rinse the potatoes, then add them to a medium pot and cover with water.
- Cook the whole potatoes for 20 minutes, until almost fork-tender, then drain and cut into 1” cubes.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F/200°C and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Season the potatoes with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Toss them until they are evenly coated.
- Arrange on the prepared baking sheet in a single layer and bake for 20 minutes until golden brown.
- Sprinkle with fresh parsley and serve warm with your favorite dips, salad, or lentil loaf!
- Add your favorite spices, such as smoked paprika, curry powder, or oregano, to the potatoes!
- Find healthy homemade dips for these potatoes on our website.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 3 Serving Size: ⅓ recipe
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 147Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 406mgCarbohydrates: 33gFiber: 4gSugar: 2gProtein: 4g
Nutrition information is a rough estimate calculated automatically, their accuracy is not guaranteed. Just focus on whole plant-based foods and eat until satiety!