Don’t love how soy tastes? Our easy dipping sauces are exactly what you need. They can make anything, from carrots to broccoli or tofu, taste amazing.
Eating more soy is a great way to get more plant-based protein and reduce meat consumption and your environmental footprint.
free 7-day vegan meal plan
Your next week of eating is planned out with these quick and delicious vegan bowls, meal prepping steps & full grocery list.
Tips for cooking tofu
The key to making firm tofu taste good is to drain all the water first. Slightly squeeze the tofu or press it underneath a book and a clean towel before preparing it!
Season the pressed tofu with salt, pepper, and your favorite spices like cayenne pepper, curry, or a dash of sugar.
Cut it into cubes or thin slices and place the tofu in a hot pan with some vegetable oil. Stir your cubes or slices until they turn crispy and golden brown on all sides!
Enjoy as it is, or serve some of the following dippings sauces alongside your tofu.
Find out how versatile silken tofu is here!
5 Best Dipping Sauces for Tofu
Ginger-Soy Dipping Sauce
This delicious 3-minute sauce can be made with a handful of simple staple ingredients!
Soy sauce is combined with vinegar, ginger, sugar, and a pinch of chili powder. You’ll love this salty, sweet, and spicy sauce with your tofu!
Creamy Peanut Dipping Sauce
Do you want your tofu dipping sauce to be a bit richer? Try this creamy peanut sauce recipe that packs a lot of authentic spices and flavors.
Natural peanut butter, soy sauce, lime, ginger, garlic, and red chili flakes team up for one delicious dipping sauce!
Healthy Buffalo Sauce
Do you love Buffalo chicken wings? Use this homemade Buffalo sauce to coat your fried tofu instead!
It’s made from healthy and easy-to-find ingredients, keeps well in the fridge for days, and mimics the same feeling as eating your favorite wings.
Fruity Mango Chutney
Give your tofu an Indian touch by using this mango chutney as a dipping sauce! This recipe works best with tofu that’s been battered and fried, making it easier to stick.
With fragrant spices like cloves, coriander seeds, curry, ginger, and cinnamon, this mango chutney is really special and so crowd-pleasing.
Spicy Mayo Dip
Combine your favorite mayo with some hot sauce, lemon juice, and taco seasoning for a fantastic tofu dipping sauce!
Thin it out with some water if needed, then toss in the tofu and let the flavors marinate before eating it.
More Tasty Sauces
Check out more dips and spreads here or click on the following links.
Did you try any of the sauces and like them? Share with us in the comments below and Pin this article here.
Teriyaki Dipping Sauce for Tofu
Make soy taste fantastic with these flavorful dipping sauces for tofu! Healthy eating can be so easy and tasty. You’ll love this homemade Teriyaki sauce recipe!
- 16 oz extra firm tofu (450 g), pressed for 30 minutes
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
Teriyaki Dipping Sauce
- ½ cup soy sauce (120 ml)
- ¼ cup sugar (50 g)
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- ¼ cup water (60 ml)
- Scallions, sliced
- Cut the tofu into cubes, slices, or triangles.
- Add soy sauce and cornstarch to a medium-sized bowl. Add the tofu and toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat a pan over medium-high heat and add the sesame oil. Once it’s hot, add the coated tofu.
- Cook, occasionally stirring, until it’s crispy on all sides. Remove from heat and set the tofu aside.
- Place a small pot over medium heat and add all ingredients for the Teriyaki sauce. Whisk to dissolve the cornstarch, then bring to a boil.
- Whisk frequently until the sauce has thickened. Adjust flavors to preferences, then let the sauce cool for a few minutes.
- Serve the fried tofu alongside your Teriyaki Dipping Sauce and garnish with scallions and sesame.
- Use tamari instead of soy sauce for a gluten-free version.
- Serve with some veggies and cooked rice!
- Find 5 more dipping sauce recipes in the article above.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: ¼ recipe
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 189Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 1229mgCarbohydrates: 17gFiber: 1gSugar: 13gProtein: 14g
Nutrition information is a rough estimate calculated automatically, their accuracy is not guaranteed. Just focus on whole plant-based foods and eat until satiety!
Make soy taste fantastic with these flavorful dipping sauces for tofu! Healthy eating can be so easy and tasty.