This flavorful and versatile vegan stir-fry sauce takes only 3 minutes and a handful of simple ingredients to make! Serve with your favorite veggies or store in the fridge for 5 days.
What’s better than a quick veggie stir fry after a busy weekday? It tastes just as great as takeout, comes together in under 30 minutes and is so versatile.
But instead of drowning your nutritious components in sugar- and oil-laden sauce, why not try this 3-minute healthy vegan stir-fry sauce?
free 7-day vegan meal plan
Your next week of eating is planned out with these quick and delicious vegan bowls, meal prepping steps & full grocery list.
Our simple recipe requires no kitchen skills or fancy tools, can be used as a marinade and works well for meal prep.
It requires no pre-cooking and is loaded with bold flavors! This vegan stir-fry sauce is the next best thing after our healthy peanut sauce to make veggies taste fantastic.
Why you’ll love this recipe
- Easy to make in only 3 minutes
- Customizable & versatile
- Great for quick & lazy dinners
- Low in calories, oil-free & healthy
- Just as delicious as takeout
Clean out your fridge and use up any veggies by making a quick stir-fry with your healthy sauce!
- Soy sauce — the classic Asian flavor base
- Cornstarch — to thicken our stir-fry sauce
- Vinegar — plain white vinegar or rice vinegar work
- Garlic — choose between fresh and powdered
- Ginger — freshly grated tastes best!
- Coconut sugar — balancing out the other components
- Chili powder — for that spicy kick
How to make healthy stir-fry sauce
Add all ingredients to a jar, close the lid, and shake until well-combined.
You can also whisk all components together in a medium bowl!
Adjust to taste preferences by adding more soy sauce, vinegar, sweetener, garlic or chili.
Storage & serving
Use the stir-fry sauce immediately for veggie stir-fries, chow mein noodles, steamed vegetables or vegan sushi.
It also makes for a great marinade! Simply place chopped veggies, cubed tofu or tempeh to a Ziploc bag and add the stir-fry sauce.
Place in the fridge for at least 2 hours or overnight, then cook until crispy.
Any leftover vegan stir-fry sauce can be stored in a lidded container in the fridge for up to 5 days! We suggest that you double the recipe and make it during meal prep.
Use maple syrup or any other vegan sweetener instead of coconut sugar. Replace this ingredient with a sugar-free alternative to reduce the calories!
If you cannot have gluten, go for tamari instead of soy sauce.
Traditional stir-fry sauce is made with rice vinegar but you can substitute it with white vinegar or lemon juice.
Tips for this stir-fry sauce
It’s important to use a thickener like cornstarch or arrowroot powder in this recipe!
When cooking with your stir-fry sauce, be sure to add it to a hot pan just before the veggies are done. The heat is needed to activate the thickener.
You can make the sauce richer by adding 1 teaspoon of sesame oil to it! This also enhances the flavor.
More easy vegan condiments
If you appreciate delicious no-fuss recipes like this, try these healthy vegan condiments next!
- Tofu Ranch Dressing
- Yogurt Tahini Sauce
- Healthy Sugar-Free Salsa
- Vegan Honey Mustard
- Cashew Sour Cream
Have you tried our healthy vegan stir-fry sauce and liked it? Let us know in the comments below and rate our recipe! You can also Pin it here or share it with your friends.
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons coconut sugar
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon ginger, grated
- ⅓ cup water (80 ml)
- Pinch of chili powder
- Whisk all ingredients together in a small bowl or add them to a jar, close the lid, and shake well.
- Adjust to your taste preferences if needed by adding more soy sauce, sugar, vinegar or chili.
- Use it immediately for veggie stir-fries, to marinade tofu or tempeh, or store it in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- Swap soy sauce for tamari to make this stir-fry sauce gluten-free.
- Any vegan sweetener works for this recipe!
- Feel free to add some lemon juice, chili paste or sesame oil to the sauce.
- Find more tips in the article above!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: ½ recipe
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 48Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 1753mgCarbohydrates: 9gFiber: 0gSugar: 4gProtein: 3g
Nutrition information is a rough estimate calculated automatically, their accuracy is not guaranteed. Just focus on whole plant-based foods and eat until satiety!