You’ll love this healthy vegan 7 layer taco dip with guacamole, black beans, crunchy lettuce and salsa! Easy 10-minute party food recipe bursting with color and flavor.
We simply love Mexican food! It’s savory, flavorful and often easy to make plant-based. This vegan 7 layer taco dip is no different!
It features all the delicious Mexican ingredients you can think of in every single bite!
free 7-day vegan meal plan
Your next week of eating is planned out with these quick and delicious vegan bowls, meal prepping steps & full grocery list.
There’s creamy guacamole, crunchy lettuce, bell peppers, savory black beans, homemade vegan nacho cheese (oh, yeah!), spicy onions and salsa — all ready to be scooped by a bowl of corn tortilla chips.
Too many colors, flavors and textures to count, all of which perfectly combine in your mouth to create an epic party snack!
Our vegan taco dip is completely whole food plant-based, made with accessible ingredients, delicious and really nourishing.
- Ultimate party food & perfect for Game Day
- Completely plant-based & healthy
- Easy to make in 10-minutes
- Secretly healthy comfort food
- Flavorful & crowd-pleasing
- Easily customizable
This vegan 7 layer dip is a healthier version of the classic Mexican dip and beautiful addition to any buffet.
- Guacamole — make your own or just grab some at the store.
- Black Beans — use whole beans or blend with spices for a refried version.
- Bell Peppers — getting those additional veggies in whenever we can!
- Lettuce & Onion — for some crunch.
- Salsa — either opt for store-bought or homemade salsa.
- Nacho Cheese — we like to use our 30-minute low-fat vegan nacho cheese sauce but anything along those lines works.
- Olives & Cilantro — our optional yet highly recommended toppings!
In terms of kitchen equipment, you’ll need a pretty glass or serving bowl, cutting board, knife and measuring equipment to make this 7 layer dip.
How to make this vegan taco dip
- Prepare all ingredients by washing, chopping and draining them.
- Follow our recipe to make your own low-fat vegan nacho cheese if you don’t want to use store-bought.
- Get a 9-inch glass bowl or container and start layering: guacamole, followed by black beans, bell peppers, lettuce and green onions.
- Top with salsa, nacho cheese sauce, olives and cilantro.
- Cover and chill for about an hour before serving with tortilla chips!
Find food swaps and other tips for this vegan taco dip below.
Storage & serving
This healthy vegan 7 layer dip looks prettiest when served in a glass container so everyone can check out the different layers! But any bowl will do.
Serve with our baked tortilla chips or any store-bought chips alongside roasted black beans, green goddess hummus, black bean meatballs and cashew sour cream.
You can also make a taco salad or bowl out of this dip!
Any leftovers can be stored covered in the fridge for 2-3 days. However, it is best eaten within the first day or two.
Add-ins & variations
Here’s what else you can add to your vegan 7 layer taco dip to make it suit your needs and bump up the calories!
- Refried beans
- Shredded vegan cheese
- Cooked quinoa
- Walnut taco meat
- Jalapeno peppers
- Vegan sour cream
- Vegan queso
More healthy vegan dips
If you enjoyed this recipe, be sure to check out the following goodness next!
Did you make our healthy vegan 7 layer taco dip and like it? Share with us in the comments below, rate the recipe and don’t forget to Pin it here!
Vegan 7 Layer Taco Dip (Healthy)
Super easy and healthy vegan 7 layer taco dip made with whole food plant-based ingredients in just 10 minutes! Perfectly balanced, crunchy, creamy and flavorful, this vegan appetizer is great for parties, Super Bowl or late-night snacking.
- 2 cups guacamole
- 1 cup cooked black beans (170 g), drained
- 2 red bell peppers, finely chopped
- 2 green onions, diced
- 2 cups lettuce, shredded (60 g)
- ½ cup tomato salsa (125 g)
- ½ cup vegan nacho cheese
- ½ cup black olives, diced
- 8-10 fresh cilantro leaves, to garnish
- ½ lime, juiced
- Tortilla chips (to serve)
- Get a 9-inch glass bowl or container and start layering all of your ingredients. Put the guacamole at the bottom, followed by the black beans, bell peppers, green onion and lettuce.
- Next, add all of the toppings: tomato salsa, vegan nacho cheese sauce, olives and cilantro.
- You can drizzle your vegan 7 layer dip with some fresh lime juice or adjust to your preferences otherwise.
- Cover and refrigerate to chill for about half an hour or serve immediately alongside tortilla chips and veggies!
- For a richer vegan 7 layer dip, you can add some vegan sour cream and shredded cheddar cheese and replace the black beans with a layer of refried beans.
- Feel free to make the guacamole, salsa and cheese sauce yourself or just opt for vegan store-bought varieties.
- Make sure to serve this healthy 7 layer dip cold, preferably chilled in the refrigerator for at least half an hour.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 167Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 13mgSodium: 399mgCarbohydrates: 21gFiber: 6gSugar: 5gProtein: 8g
Nutrition information is a rough estimate calculated automatically, their accuracy is not guaranteed. Just focus on whole plant-based foods and eat until satiety!
2 thoughts on “Vegan 7 Layer Taco Dip (Healthy)”
I want to make this for my daughter’s birthday :)
Was going through the ingredients and making the shopping list and realized that there are no avocados in the list, but it does say to layer the guacamole.
Just wanted to let you know :)
I’ll look at that guacamole recipe and add the ingredients.
I’ll let you know how it comes out :)
Will also be making the vegan lasagna again as we loved it!!!!
Hi Maria, thank you so much for letting me know about this issue! You’re correct, I totally forgot to list avocados – editing this now ;)
Hope everyone will love the dip! So happy to know that you liked the lasagna, it’s definitely a favorite in our house too xx